It is mostly an age related condition; but diabetics and patients on long term steroid are prone to develop it early. Sometimes cataract is seen as a birth defect.
· Diminished vision,
· Inability to see in dark.
· Seeing hallow around light.
· Inability to clearly see the colors
· Inability to differentiate image or shapes from the background.
· Cloudy or blurred vision; or as if seeing through a film.
· In late cases total blindness.
· May be complicated by development of glaucoma.
If these symptoms appear, it is better to see the ophthalmologist.